Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring has arrived in Florida!


One of the things I love most is sitting outdoors and watch nature in action.  The weather has been gorgeous and I have spent more time outdoors this week than I have in a very long time.  Maybe they were here before, but I wasn't paying attention . . . the robins have arrived!  They are the sign for me that Spring has arrived and I couldn't be happier!!


We actually reached the 80's last week and the air conditioner has already been off and on for a week or so.  I really love open windows!  The Captain and I have been busy cleaning up the property . . . he finished off the fence, so now the back yard is totally private :) . . . YES!!!  I AM HAPPY :)


Humidity has not arrived and I am very grateful for that . . . I can handle the heat without it.


I love living in Florida :)






5 comments:

BeaderBubbe said...

I am totally jealous...we in NY are still waiting for that spring day..although it hit 59 degrees already today....but still a bit chilly....need to sit on my patio with iced coffee and a good book....and listen to those birds....enjoy the weather....

Gina Alfani said...

You won't be jealous when we are dodging the hurricanes though!!

I love the upper 50's and 60's on a sunny day . . . spring is around the corner for you guys :)

I will be enjoying this weather in a little while!

Thanks for visiting . . . Gina

Don E. Chute said...

Gina-- I love the weather here also. I live on the Treasure Coast and your right spring is just around the corner.

I love thunder stormes, but not The Caines.

Thanks for stopping by my place.

PLU

Don E. Chute said...

Gina--

Florida is the Weather State. Your right we are on the fringe of spring here on the Treasure Coast.

Love thunder and lightning storms(not severe)

Say NO-NO to Hurricane Season.

Have a blast.

PLU

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Fun Blog! And I love that YOU love being in FL so much - it's wonderful to really love where you live! :-) We live in Southeast Virginia and love it - sort of the best of both worlds - we get the 4 seasons, but no bad extremes and can usually play golf year round (well, except for strange years when we happen to get a big snow, like this winter!!) :-)