Saturday, December 31, 2011

Why we love living in Florida!



The weather has been awesome with gorgeous blue sky days!  So far it has been a warm winter . . . 70-80's during the day, 50-60's at night . . . NO SNOW . . . NO AFTERNOON STORMS . . . NO HUMIDITY!!  It has been a great time to enjoy the beauty of Florida and explore the outdoors.  Great time to visit this part of the world . . . no wonder the snowbirds descend upon us this time of year!


The Captain and I have been getting out more and experiencing the outdoors . . . often enjoying an early morning adventure of fishing, exploring local parks and the historic culture that Tampa has to offer.


As a result there are a ton of photos I have yet to process, but I have not forgotten!  I also haven't forgotten about the series on Vintage Disney.  We haven't even scratched the surface of exploring Busch Gardens and the area beaches.  I promise to get to these projects soon!


The Gasparilla pirates will invade Tampa at the end of January and we plan to be right in the middle of it this year.  We will be taking lots of photos and reporting on the festivities.


Subscribe to My Florida Paradise so you won't miss out on future posts!





Come on down to Florida!


CheapOstay (Best Converting)





7 comments:

Da Dude said...

It looks like we may be neighbors. My wife and I are planning on moving to Beverly Hills (about 1.5 hours North of Tampa) some time this year.

Gina Alfani said...

Da Dude! Although I have never lived anywhere else, there is nowhere else I would love to live.

If you and your wife are currently living in a cold climate and don't really enjoy digging in the snow with frostbitten hands, you and your wife will LOVE living in Florida.

In Tampa, we are right on the line of what is considered "subtropical" (zone 9 for gardening). . . we get occasional winters with freeze. Further north from us does experience freeze.

Congratulations on your future move :)

Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Dear Gina, I really don't know what I am still doing in NY!! Florida looks so very beautiful!! I am glad that you are enjoying the weather and having fun! That is what life is about. My mom had a charm that said, "live, laugh and love". I love fishing too. Enjoy with all your hear. Blessings from your friend, Catherine xo

Gina Alfani said...

Hey Catherine! It is home to you, which makes it special :)

Gonna freeze tonight :( I'm not real happy about that! At least it is just a one-night time . . .

Blessings to you too!

Asha Jamwal said...

hey Gina,

Florida is really so beautiful.I wish some day i will be there.Thanks for sharing the nice and awesome place.

Grocery Coupon Mama

written_n_urheart said...

hi, this is a very awesome blog, Im following u now, pls do visit and follow me back, tnx

Gina Alfani said...

@Asha Jamwal and @writtenNurheart . . . thank you so much for your sweet comments and for visiting and/or following my blog :)